Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's a job

So ... how did it go? My first day of wearing my work-full-time hat? It was like any first day... it sucked. I've never been a good first day-er. I miss my kids. I know... I'm throwing a fit.

I had a long conversation with my dad tonight. Poor man was trying to make me keep perspective and I complained and moaned like a little girl would do... roles fitting perfectly. Just go back tomorrow, he kept saying.

I'm very fortunate to have a job in this economy, I do appreciate that. And selling home store furniture is a great job to help my growing (up not in number!) family. The beautiful thing is that it's exactly what it is... a JOB. And at the end of the day I realize it's a means to an end. It lit a fire under my rear, sparking some hidden drive to start reaching for what I really want out of life. Even though this obviously is not it, I'm driven more today than I was yesterday to let my creative juices flow, take some chances, do more research.

I'm going to sleep tonight detemine, filled with a passion to defy the odds, succeed in my hearts desires, even if it's just for a reason to move past furniture sales. I will succeed, I will be one of those that gets paid to live out passions... just watch me.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment