Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 13: thankful for...

DAY 13
 
Today, I am thankful for true friends...
 
As a project for our small group in the study of Crazy Love, we went around the room asking each other what is needed, and how we can help each other out. This turned out PREETTTY cool!
 
Today, I got to drop my THREE children off free of CHARGE because I have a sweet friend, Ashley, who has three kids of her own, mind you. She graciously took them after I was probably 20 minutes late, and had fun with them for four hours, and the extra 20 minutes that I was late at the end. I got a bunch of laundry done, all three bathrooms cleaned, the girls' clothes sorted, and a couple errands run... KID FREE!
 
It was pretty awesome!
 
 
 
Thank you, Ashley... that helped out a lot!
 
I just have to give props to my really awesome small group. After having some struggles making new friends that have the same beliefs and life struggles (even though no one is crazy enough to have 5 kids), I feel I was truly blessed to stumble upon these women. I don't think there is a single one of them that I can't call when the going gets rough. I hope they feel the same as me.
 
Having community is soooo important. especially for women. It takes effort, but it's what we all need. It seems as if the effort is out weighed by the rejuvination that comes with it. We need someone to help pick us up when we are down. Wipe away the tears, someone to cry with us. Lift each other up in prayer, and positive emails and nice notes. Our husbands are great and dandy for a good bear hug, but no one knows us like our girl friends do. I didn't have that for a long time. It was just me and the good old hubs. But lately, I really have been trying to cultivate relationships, as best as possible. It's been rewarding my life, and I feel truely loved.
 
 
 
I really urge everyone reading this to tell your friends you are grateful for them being in your life. If you don't have that best friend, keep looking. Sure, you're heart might get broken along the way. But don't let that stop you. Mine has, and very recently. Friends who I thought were friends really weren't, and I felt foolish for being so trusting. It hurt... and time passed... and I got back up on that horse. I once heard that only 2 people in your whole life time will you consider your closest, bestest friend. And I also believe that it is better to have love and lost, then to never loved at all.
 
 I'm grateful to have many friends along the way that I don't talk to daily, weekly, or even monthly. But I hope those people know that my door is always open, I'm still here, and I'm still thinking about you!
 
Have a good night...
 
ps.... only 9 days till Thanksgiving!! OMG! What are you're plans?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment