Wednesday, April 11, 2012

They call me super mom..

I always get called super mom, and I think its the funniest thing. Not in a bad way...I appreciate it, but I don't believe it 100%. And here's why...
A "super mom" wouldn't mess up meals as often as I do. I won't lie, last weekend I screwed up two meals in a row. One of those was spaghetti... and the sauce is CANNED! How do you do that? I dunno... but none of my kids ate it.
A "super mom" would be on pinterest and sites like that more. Better yet, they would be inventing stuff for those sites. I don't like pinterest that much. It's like shopping... I want it all or want to do it all... but then real life hits and oh! I can't afford it. I don't have TIME. I'm just flat out NOT THAT CREATIVE. My house proves that.
Speaking of house, a "super mom" would have the floors swept, mopped, and vacuumed every day, always with fresh vacuum lines. The laundry would smell of summer rain and would still be bright as new and always clean. I'm not kidding you when I say that I personally know someone who has accomplished this. I don't have to tell you that my house is faaaaaaar from that. I'm lucky if I get my laundry switched before it smells mildewy. (Thanks mom for telling me about vinegar!). My excuse when people come over and see my pigsty is "would you expect any different?" I would love a bleach mixed with sugar cookie smelling kitchen all the time... but it's not the case.
A "super mom" would be able to attack my own personal enemy... grocery shopping. Holy macaroni... there's not one thing I despise more than that. And I ALWAYS forget something... some times one thing out of every meal on my meal plan.
"Super mom" would wake up an hour early for quiet personal time with a nice HOT cup of coffee and pop in P90X and get an hour of exercise done. I woke up this morning two hours before the kids, and guess what I did? Rolled over and went back to sleep.
Basically, I don't FEEL like super mom. Instead, I'm just like every other mom, doing the best I can. The load might be a little trickier because of my children's ages, but I'm no different than any other mom. And I'm trying. And practicing. Practice may not make perfect because I will never be a great chef and I'll always hit the snooze button to get some more z's and forget items at the grocery store. But, with practice, I can get atleast one meal right a week, and it's not impossible to get my house to smell delightful until the next dirty diaper. And at the end of the day, I always ask myself if my kids felt that I loved them. I would so much rather be known for the fun I have growing with my awesome little kids than how much I get accomplished every day.  That's my end goal. And I honestly believe those meals I get lucky on, trips to the store I rock at, and days I happen to stumble on a clean house are little blessings from God that keep me going. My kids are blessings from God... and I'm lucky to be their mom :).

No comments:

Post a Comment