Saturday, April 14, 2012

If it's not broken don't fix it

Holy moly what a crazy last 2 days! We decided to NOT move out of our house!

P.s. the title is something my mom said all the time and it was true... even though I swore I'd never say any of my moms dumb sayings :).

I honestly believe that if it's supposed to happen, it will. We REALLY wanted to move in to this gorgeous, very practical house in Queen Creek.... but nothing worked out at all. We had to pay the deposit ASAP, but didn't have it. We were scrambling.... trying to sell the suburban, trying to maybe borrow money, I was contemplating going back to work, trying to get an investor to buy it. Nothing worked, though. We had even told our landlords that we were moving out, and they had listed it on craigslist. Out of the 6 times we showed it, no one wanted it. That was surprising. We were trying to force something to happen, but it wasn't working. So we sat down and talked about it. As soon as the decision was made to stay, all of my stress vanished.
We talked to the current landlord and she agreed that the carpet needed to be replaced and the backyard needs to be landscaped. She said she would pay for anything we want to do to make it better, and we said we'd stay for another two years. Curtis and I are survivors... we both can make do with what we have. If he gets pushed down to a hand, we will survive. If anything happens, we will survive. One of the things I fell in love with was his work ethic and his drive to provide. So we may not be getting my "dream house", but I think we are here for a reason.
So Gilbert... we're here to stay! And suburban... you're not going anywhere! And house... we're not going to be camping anymore... you're getting painted and decorated and landscaped! Lol, excuse my ridiculousness, I'm extremely sleep deprived and overstressed and over stimulated.

Have a great Saturday everyone! Time to go play with the kiddos and the neighbor kids who spent the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment