Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy Jack!



This last weekend, the hubby, London, Pork Chop and I headed for the mountains. We stayed at my uncle's cabin in Happy Jack. Every year, we head up to Flagstaff for Cardinals Camp for my birthday. It was AWESOME! We left Friday night  (late) and came home Monday. We covered about 450 miles, driving a lot. Cardinal camp was fun. We sat next to this family with 3 boys, the 4th on the way. I pretty much made best friends with the kiddos... go figure! They had a son named Krew (mom!!) and he was so awesome... 10 years old and still loved school! Afterwards, we went and ate at a place called Altitudes Bar and Grill. Another place we visited was Macy's... my favorite vegan coffee shop... the biscuits and vegan gravy are to die for! Pork Chop got SO  much attention. I told Curtis he's not allowed to go anywhere with P.C. and not me (ladies of all ages were swooning!) Tee Hee!
Curtis and Pork Chop at Altitudes

I got FRIED! Even after putting 50 SPF on... WTH!?!?!
red face!

We went through Winslow, AZ (hubby's first time) to Flagstaff, then back on a really pretty scenic route. It rained the WHOLE way back to the cabin. And you wouldn't believe how many motorcyclists I saw, and we even saw one dude riding his bike and another WALKING. What is WRONG with you people! It's raining cats and dogs! Here's a pic from our drive.
In to the rain!

And the dude on the BIKE (no... not Harley Davidson!)
blurry, but we were going fast!

Sunday, we were 100% lazy. We played horse shoes... Curtis won with a ringer! That night, the storm rolled in late. There was lots of lightening and thunder, so we sat out on the covered patio and watched the pitch black night light up with each bolt of lightening. I won't lie... I was a little scared. It was INTENSE! The next day, we had plans to hit up Card's camp again, but we slept in too late. We went and ate at the Strawberry Lodge and Restaurant... biscuits and gravy weren't as great as Macy's in Flag, but the breakfast burrito was legit. From there, we headed to visit my Grandma Patty and Grandpa Scott in Cottonwood, AZ. It was a beautiful drive, and an even more beautiful visit. I sure do love my grandparents! My grandma was as chipper as ever, and it was so good to visit and relax with them. I could have stayed forever! My grandma is a photographer, and she took some great pictures of my loves!

On the way back... we passed a semi hauling missiles! What the heck? We sped just to get past!
hm.....
 

 It was a great trip... much needed! First time to sleep in really late, and one kid and one puppy is easier than 3 babies, 2 kittins, 1 puppy, 1 dog, and 2 step daughters. Everyone thought we were brave for having a 5 month old and a 10 week old puppy... little did they know! Here's some of my grandma's great pics!
Great Grandma Patty and Baby London (photographer... ME!)


 








really??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment