Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

First off, let me say something. I NEED YOUR ADVICE! I have major issues going on and I'm just at a loss! Hopefully my friends in blog world can offer me a little peace or advice or just make me feel better about my situation! I always wanted a positive blog, but sometimes life isn't so positive... and that sometimes is now.

The reason I changed my blog domain name was to keep my privacy from my previous land lord, and of course to vent to you all. If you read  my first blog, your ahead of the game. If you read both of them... you're just awesome and thank you for reading! But, the first blog is what is causing so much havoc in our lives.

Our landlord read it, and is now saying that I was slandering their name and "playing the victim" when I knew what was going on all along and that I lied. Who got that from that email? Maybe I need to read it again, but I'm pretty sure it didn't mention much more than the fact they didn't pay their mortgage. Hmm. So anyways, they have been ignoring our phone calls and text messages since Friday. Curtis came up with the idea that maybe they really were just so mad because they lost their house. Very possible. So we decide to show up on Saturday with symapthy card in hand. No answer. So we leave the card in the door. Simple. Up until this point, we were still believing that they had zero prior notice of the actual date the house would sell in auction and that they were in foreclosure AFTER we signed our lease (all of which aren't true). So, we had sympathy towards them. We gave them the benefit of the doubt. After phone calls still not being returned, I called the husband on Monday afternoon (he didn't know my phone number, so I wasn't shocked when he answered). I said ya know I've been trying to get a hold of your wife with no luck. Do you know whats going on? He said, yes, why would she call you back? First of all, you left us a sympathy card? What the crap is that? And I read your twitter thing or whatever and you were so rude to her! She needs to work out stuff, but she will call you when she is ready. You'll get your money (your deposit) when she feels like dealing with you. Don't call us anymore. Click.

Um... ok. Keep calm Whit, anger will get you nowhere. I come to the conclusion, we will do our thing, if they decide to give us the money, great, if not, they aren't important enough to be in our lives.

Then I get a message from her DAUGHTERs facebook email. Lol. She says that she is holding our deposit until a few things happen. First of all, according to her lawyer she doesn't owe us our deposit or our last months rent. Also, the refrigerator (that we told her we DID NOT want) is being deducted from our deposit. She isn't paying us the remainder of June back, even though she promised she would. Also, our water bill that is under their name will be deducted from the deposit as well. So pretty much there is no deposit coming our way and what ever we do get will go to our new address.UGH! WE HAVE 4 KIDS LADY! AND WE DIDNT KNOW THAT WE WERE GOING TO BE GOING THROUGH THIS!!!

When we moved in, they were trying to sell the house. We were very ok with that. We told them to just let us know what they wanted us to do and we could clean if anyone wants to come look at it.Then we get the foreclosure notice in the mail. She didn't ONCE contact me regarding any correspondence during this whole thing, I always contacted her. She said they were trying to remod their loan and they hadn't heard anything. Then we find out its going to auction back in May. Nothing happened on the auction date. Then all of a sudden, when Curtis is outside fixing the yard, we find out that the house is up for auction the next day. Then we find out that it sells the same day, which means there is no time like in a normal sell. It's there and then. We never thought it would come to this and I have GOT to believe that she knew something was going on. She changed her mail from coming here to their house they live in less than a month before it sold. And I'm pretty familiar with debt collectors, they hound you. And that's for small stuff! So I bet with a house they were getting hounded.

My heart hurts that there are people in the world that are not doing their business honestly. Mostly, these people own their own Christian Ministry. What a disgrace. We paid our rent, we were honest with them from day one. If we thought this situation was going to happen we would have thought twice about it because we have a family to protect and provide for. Its a sad world.

You guys, I'm just torn. I can't keep being angry at them, but its so hard to even just clean my house without being reminded. I have been praying for a soft heart and to let this slide, and actually typing about it is helping. I just want to break the chains. I didn't do anything wrong, and Curtis and I have both been honest from the beginning. So why do I feel the weight of the hurt. I gotta let go, I gotta forgive. (Enter words of encouragement here, haha).

On a lighter note:

Holy macaroni you would all die laughing watching me try and write this blog. I'm squeezing in 3-4 words inbetween  mopping, bathing kids, feedings, diaper changing and losing my mind lol. I love this crazy life I have though and at the end of the day I'm so grateful that I got blessed with my two beautiful step daughters and my two babies of my own flesh and blood. Oh, and of course I'm super grateful of my hubby :). He's been my rock through this whole thing, especially when I was ready to throw blows, he calmed me down.

Last but not least... Anyone watch the Bachelorette last night? It's my addiction. At least she wisened up, and I think she would be stupid to let J.P. go. He's hot ;)!

Thank you all in advance for any comments or advice. I need to lean on good influences, and I believe I have the best of friends (even if we're just facebook or blog friends) to lean on!

See ya on the flip side!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I'm thinking I might need to start watching the Bachelorette...you guys all watch it and I'm starting to feel left out!! ;)

    Second of all, I'm so sorry about your horrible ex-land lord!! It is truly hard to be hurt by the very people who are supposed to be the most supportive--other Christians. It sounds like you've got the right attitude though and that's always the first step--recognizing that you did everything you could and praying to let it go. Remember, it is not you, but Christ THROUGH you, who will always conquer in these situations! Rely on Him; he'll do the heavy work. :)

    As encouragement, chica, some Scripture:

    (Psalms 147:3) He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

    (Philippians 4:13) I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

    (Psalms 119:28) My soul is weary with sorrow: strengthen me according to your word.

    (Hebrews 13:6) With good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

    (John 16:33) I have told you these things, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have oppression; but cheer up! I have overcome the world.

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete