Friday, July 12, 2013

Ah, bullying is for the kids

If I had a statement directed at the title of this blog, it would simply be "bull crap!!!!" We'll, today that is. You see, I believe I was a victim of bullying. I had a sweet and very dear friend to me text me last week asking for prayers because she was being verbally bullied at work. That BLEW my mind! We are grown adults... Who does that any more?? Apparently, I was to be taught a lesson. Today I get to work, and a co-worker, who I thought I was somewhat friends with, decided to break me down in the worst way possible. He told me that every single person in the whole building did not like me, nor did they like working with me. He called me a "porcupine" (still not sure why), but above else, he said I was "TOO sensitive". Let me take you back to my job description. The title I have is...(ready for this???)....Commission Sales person. "Too sensitive.... Commission sales". I'm no dummy, they don't mix. Duh. The person telling me this? The LEAD sales person of the company.

Fast forward, I'll save you of the depressing - cant- answer- the - phone- or-talk-because-I-might-burst-into-tears-details. On my way home, my step daughter says something that is just so hilarious to me. Not even really funny, but after the hell I had been through today, it lifted my spirits. It just for a second gave me a glimpse into the innocent lives and minds if children. So free, simple, naive, momentary. And then my heart broke, thinking of how they have to deal with this same heavy-heartless, painful feeling that bullying brings.

How do people do that? What makes them feel so numb when they see the tears roll down your face because of the words they said? What could make a person so motivated to do that to the point of feeling no remorse? I'm 26, and I got bullied. What age does it end?

No comments:

Post a Comment