Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Goals

Sorry I have been MIA lately... life has been crazy- as I'm sure everyone's has been. I was the smart one who decided to start working full time just before the holidays. This working full time thing is wack! Yes, I just said wack. I don't know how y'all do it.  I think I am learning how to deal with a lot less control, and learning how to roll with the punches more. I am now DEFINITELY not that PINTEREST perfect (ahem... picture perfect...sorry). My hubby has stepped up a lot, we would be eating cereal with water if it wasn't for him.

I' m shocked at how many hits my blog about my sister has received. It's a good shock. If you haven't read it yet, you can see it here..http://growinggaithers.blogspot.com/2012/12/mental-health-epidemic-please-share-its.html Thank you for viewing and sharing. Since I wrote this, things have gotten worse. She went to court for a charge against her one of the times my mom was forced to call the cops on her. We were hoping they would court order treatment for her, but that wasn't the case. She has also, since my last post, stolen my mom's car for a joy ride and tried "over dosing" on Adderall. She is 13. I love my sister a ton, but I'm still scared for her safety, especially after she bragged about her driving capabilities.  But, that's NOT the direction I wanted to take this blog, so on to more positive things. Thank you for the support in this situation, though!

So, hello 2013! I'm surprisingly excited for a new year- most of the time I think it's just another day, but this year I am amped! I had a nice relaxing vacation with the family, bringing in the New Year in the way I hope it remains - simplified. I'm hoping this year I will be more organized, less chaos, less mess and less running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I'm purging of our old things, saving up for a brand new bedroom set, and also a mini van to haul my kiddos around. This year, my oldest will be going in to preschool, we will be pacifier and formula free for the first time in 3 years. I'm hoping to start MAKING time to redo furniture around my house, and enjoying my hobby. It's the first year that I feel like I have direction.

What are some things you hope to accomplish this year? What things do you know are going to change for the better? I'd love to hear!!

1 comment:

  1. Whitney....
    I am sorry to hear that things regarding your sister have taken a turn for the worse. My message from last time still stands: There is always, always, always hope. People change. Redemption happens. Do not give up on her.... ;)
    Happy 2013!! My New Year's Resolution is Top Secret.... And I am doing pretty good at it so far.... ;-D
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete