Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Funeral To Remember

My grandmother finally passed away after fighting brain cancer for almost 4 months. She was an awesome, strong, sweet lady, and I'm sure going to miss her. I think she would have loved what we did with her funeral, though!



<script type="text/javascript" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>
Me and Grandma


First, before she passed, we had planned a Halloween party for the kiddos in the family, since a lot of the family was to be there. My grandma told me "Good, I like to party!". Unfortunately, she passed the night before the big party. We still had the party, as if she were still there. It was awesome!


We had the kids make a witch stew...

<script type="text/javascript" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>
Idea courtesy of familyfun.go.com

These are the pizza mummies... SO delicious!
Idea courtesy of familyfun.go.com
Pumkin Bowling...
Idea courtesy of familyfun.go.com


Eyeballs, pumpkin rolls,and "finger" food!
Idea courtesy of familyfun.go.com

After the funeral, at the gravesite, we had a balloon release for my grandmother. The balloons and string are yellow, because that is her favorite color. Attached to each of the balloons was a picture of each individual with grandma. We attached one copy to the balloon, and kept a wallet size for our keeping.



my beautiful sister Sadie

And... the final product. I really think my grandma would be happy we did this for her! Love you and miss you already my sweet Grandmama!


No comments:

Post a Comment